Thursday, August 22, 2013

Stuffed Shells

Monique, you are genius! Ever since I watched MokoBrownVegan video on making simple vegan dinners on YouTube, I have been wanting to make the stuffed shells she made. I finally got to it and I'm glad I did!



The recipes calls for jumbo shell pasta but they were no where in sight, so I got the next best thing. They actually worked perfect because we ended up using a plastic bag as a pipping bag to fill them in.

 These came out absolutely perfect, they had tons of flavor and overall great! My sister and I loved it so much we ended up finishing the whole thing before we could offer my parents, oh well! This dish is perfect if you're having friends over who aren't vegan because the consistency of the filling is similar to cheese, so it's a win win.

Recipe from Brown Vegan

  • 8oz Jumbo Shells
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 8 basil leaves
  • 1 small onion, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon blac pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 14 oz firm tofu, drained
  • Jar of spaghetti sauce
    Instructions
    Preheat oven at 400ยบ
    Boil jumbo shells in water until al dente.
    In a food processor, blend together garlic, basil, onion, salt, pepper and oregano. Scrap down the sides of the food processor with a fork.
    Crumble tofu with your hands and blend until smooth in the food processor.
    Fill each shell with the tofu filling.
    Line the bottom of a casserole dish with ½ cup of spaghetti sauce.
    Cover with the shells and spoon on additional spaghetti sauce.
    Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes.

    If you're not already, I say subscribe to Moniques Channel because she posts some amazing recipes that both vegans and non-vegans will enjoy.
    Moniques YouTube channel, MokoBrownVegan

    -Monica

    1 comment:

    1. Those stuffed shells look so yummy! I definitely have to try this recipe. Italian dishes are so easy to veganize and my all time favorite is eggplant parmesan.

      ReplyDelete