Thursday, August 15, 2013

Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce

I attempted to make a recipe called "Millet-Stuffed Chard Rolls" from the book Forks Over Knives. (If you haven't watched the Forks over Knives documentary Click Here to watch it for free!)  I couldn't find millet or chard leaves so I ended up making a romaine wrap with couscous with the roasted red bell pepper sauce.


Good thing this book tells me how to roast a pepper because I had no idea. This is how I did it and the book explains that you can place it in the oven to roast. I really enjoyed the smell of it because it reminds me of a dish my mom makes. So it took about 5-10 minutes to get the pepper looking completely charred. After it's all black you want to let it cool then peel the charred skin.


The ingredients you will need to make the roasted red pepper sauce are:
Half 12 ounce package extra firm silken tofu, drained
1 large red bell pepper, roasted and seeded
1.5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoons chopped dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freashly ground pepper
Zest of 1 lemon (i totally forgot to add this in, but it still tasted good)

This makes about one cup of the sauce but you can double it to make two cups.

All you have to do is combine everything in a food processor, I used a blender, and puree until smooth and creamy. Super simple and easy and it tastes so good! At first it reminded me of hummus, which I love, so I had no problem with it. It's a bit spicy but not too hot.

Here's a not very good photo of how I ate the couscous "roll" it was very messy and delicious!

//Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment