Monday, July 15, 2013

Snacks are Always Good

Snacks are always a good idea, whether it be before a big meal or right after or all day everyday. I love snacks and the more nutritious the better. Like these fiber cakes from Trader Joe's, they have 11g of insoluble fiber, 5g of protein, only 2g of sugar, and only 80 calories. These are perfect for pretty much any time, after a workout, on the go, or for school. They are soft, moist, and blueberry-ish.
Trader Joe's-$4.49
Daiya- $4.69 Follow Your Heart- $3.99
Daiya grilled cheese





My first vegan grilled cheese since going vegan! The cheddar style slices from Daiya completed this sandwich. This sandwich was a perfect snack because the cheese actually melts and tastes so good. If you love Daiyas regular cheese shreds then you will still love this cheese. It was just perfect.

Follow Your Heart quesadilla

This is the second time trying out Follow Your Heart cheeses, first was at EVO Kitchen and I really liked it so I wanted to buy it. Plus, my sister is trying to give up dairy for a month and I thought she would prefer this brand over Daiya. She did like it because it doesn't have a strong flavor like Daiya cheeses do.
Tip: do not microwave this cheese. I was cooking this quesadilla and the cheese was not melting so I thought that microwaving it would help. It did not, it made it melt to pretty much just oil. Today, I tired a grilled cheese with FYH it was good and better than the quesadilla, but it didn't melt like the Daiya cheese.

Overall, don't microwave FYH, eat grilled cheese sandwiches with Daiya, need to test these cheeses on pizzas.

Daiya website here!
Follow Your Heart website here!
-Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment