Thursday, July 11, 2013

Carrot Hotdog

Today I got to try a very weird hotdog, a carrot hotdog. At the Los Angeles farmers market there is this small stand called Fritzi Dog, the only vegan hotdog they carry is the carrot dog. At first I was very hesitant to try it because it's literally just a carrot, having braces, it kind of scared me haha. Also, I wasn't sure if adding ketchup to a carrot hotdog was "normal". Anyways, when I bit into it I was relived because it was surprisingly really soft. The flavor reminded me of the samosas that Whole Foods sells, which are good, but I wasn't really into it. The bread and tots were good though.

Fritzi Dog-carrot dog & tots

Mamma Chia-coconut mango

Bobo's Oat Bars -Coconut $2.70
After the strange carrot hotdog concept I stopped by Whole Foods and saw they had a deal on their Mamma Chia drinks, plus the lovely ceo Janie sent me some more coupons! So I took advantage of the deal and got myself coconut mango and guava mamma, I haven't tried the guava mamma yet but the coconut one is really good. Also, I have been seeing a lot of Bobo's lately so I thought I should give it a go. I got the coconut flavor, it's wheat free, vegan, and non-gmo. I really liked this bar because it was very filling, soft, and moist enough. The bar has two servings, 180 calories per serving, 3g fiber, and 8g sugar. I think this bar is perfect if you're on the go because it will fill you up fast.
-Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment