Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Quinoa

I have been loving Trader Joe's protein oatmeal, I pretty much eat it almost every day. If you are like me, you don't get sick of eating the same breakfast everyday, but lately i've been craving something new and a bit different. So I decided to try out the quinoa oatmeal wannabe breakfast like recipe.
It only has four ingredients, it's super easy, the only bad thing is is that it takes forever. The first time I tried doing this I didn't put enough milk so I had to keep adding more and it took longer to make. It seems if you add a cup of quinoa you're suppose to add 2 cups of water/broth/milk, or you can read the directions on the quinoa packaging and they will likely explain on how to cook it correctly.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup of quinoa
1- 1.5 cup of vanilla rice milk
Cinnamon to taste
and bananas!!

First, you want to wash and rinse your quinoa, which is a pain but you gotta do it.
Add milk and quinoa to a pot on high heat and let it boil, then lower the heat, let it simmer, and cover.
Cook for about 20-30 minutes or until quinoa is translucent.
While it's cooking add some cinnamon to taste.
After it's done cooking serve with bananas or any fruit of your liking and enjoy!

Super easy to make you just need some patience. =)
-Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment